Visa Information

You can come to China with 2 kinds of Visa: a (working) Z Visa or a (visiting) F Visa.


F Visa Application Process- less than 3 months

 Application Procedure











  Z Visa Application Process - 1 year or more

Application Procedure

Foreign teachers and scholars who intend staying in China for at least one year should apply for a Z visa (working visa) 3 months or more before assumption of the job.











Documents Required for Application

Copy of your valid passport

Complete and detailed CV

Copy of your highest degree certificate

Copy of your signed contract

Copy of applicant's health examination report.

Marriage certificate if your husband/wife comes with you, and

   copy of his/her valid passport 


 l Under 65 years old

 l 2 years of teaching\research experience

 l Within one month of arriving in China, you are required to apply for a Residence Permit. You may extend it one month before it expires.


Welcome to China University of Mining and Technology!


The staff of your faculty/department will assist you in obtaining your campus smart card and provide any assistance you may require in settling in.Please feel free to call them for advice or support.


For further assistance you may contact us,  at the  CUMT International Office.